George J Hayden, Inc. was awarded an exciting project, designed by Anchor Health Properties, a national firm with a unique approach to healthcare facilities bringing a retail experience to the healthcare consumer. The fast-tracked project was worth $1.5 million. Hayden’s professionals were required to prove how they could help with the design of this technologically advanced medical facility months after the project was underway. Extensive coordination was necessary to satisfy the 13 different tenants and their individual and specialized needs.
As Hayden Electric was asked to join the project late, the team pulled together to review contract specifications and guidelines. A crew of expert technicians was placed on site immediately. The client was concerned about timeframe and design issues, however Hayden Electric met the challenge! And of course, Hayden Electric offered value-based options for engineering, such as the redesign of the entire site lighting package and various interior lighting fixtures.
- There were 12 members on the team that logged over 12,000 hours with no safety incidents. The critical project took fourteen months to complete.
- The facility is incredible and state-of-the-art, located in Northeast Pennsylvania. In order for it to be a successful project, scrupulous attention to detail and individual tenant concerns were paramount.
- A building-wide lighting control system for energy conservation purposes was installed and Hayden provided a Nurse Call System in the Ambulatory Surgery Center.
- Training was provided to the owner on all the systems.
- A “water wall” was erected in the main upper lobby, which is just one of the many special features in just one of the many lobbies and public areas that provides relaxing and comforting open spaces. Along with a fireplace is a large picture window, with a view of the Healing Garden, which makes wonderful use of the calming natural light.
- Recipient of 2007 Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc., Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter, Merit Shop Award of Excellence in Construction – Electrical Commercial
“Each of the medical tenants had separate metered electrical requirements. Hayden completed the project on time and on budget. I would recommend Hayden.”
– Jon Payne, Anchor Health Properties Project Manager
“It was a challenging project because of the 12-14 different tenants. Hayden was prepared for the changes that arose and met our needs with responsiveness and professionalism.”
– Tom Williams, Sordoni Senior Project Manager